Re: List for Perl 6 syntax? (Re: What about many many mailing lists?)

From:
Kurt D. Starsinic
Date:
Re: List for Perl 6 syntax? (Re: What about many many mailing lists?)
Message ID:
20000725130809.G16172@O2.chapin.edu
On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 05:14:58PM +0100, Andy Wardley wrote:
> I'd like to propose a mailing list for discussion about simplifying
> and/or changing Perl syntax.  I've got one particular line of thought
> that I'd like to open up for discussion to have it improved upon or
> shot down in flames, as appropriate (with the caveat Larry bit set,
> of course).
>
> I'm happy to RFC it (someone mentioned there was an RFC template although
> I haven't come across it) but I still need somewhere suitable for posting
> it to, and for subseqent flam^H^H^H^Hdiscussion.
>
>   perl6-syntax@perl.org  perhaps?

Andy,

    By `simplify', do you mean a smaller-footprint lexer, fewer grammar
rules, something in terms of user/developer experience?  What's the problem
that you wish to solve?  I'd like to discourage you from launching an
umbrella mailing list for several unrelated solutions that all happen to
solve problems in the category of `complex syntax'.

    Peace,
* Kurt Starsinic (kstar@orientation.com) ---------- Senior Network Engineer *
|      `It is always possible to aglutenate multiple separate problems      |
|       into a single complex interdependent solution.  In most cases       |
|       this is a bad idea.' - Ross Callon                                  |