Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines

From:
Chris Nandor
Date:
Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines
Message ID:
p0432040db5a37464b988@[192.168.0.77]
At 17:33 +0100 2000.07.25, Tim Bunce wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 10:57:34AM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
>> >
>> >Excellent ideas.  That way people don't have to monitor mailing lists just
>> >so they can keep an eye out for when something that they know interests
>> >them is going to come along.
>>
>> In which case it might be useful to have some means of automatic
>> notification when an RFPC (or one of its children) changes. A mutant
>> mailing list, or website signup thing or something.
>
>Perforce can do that automatically. Maybe cvs/sourceforge can as well.

Aha, this is what I was hoping for.  SourceForge can't AFAIK, though there
are probably add-ons to CVS that can.  But in any event, yes, this would be
Cool.  Probably have special (read-only) mailing lists for each document or
group of documents, and updates for that document go to the mailing list,
making subscribing and unsubscribing simple.

--
Chris Nandor       |     pudge@pobox.com      |     http://pudge.net/
Andover.Net        | chris.nandor@andover.net | http://slashcode.com/