Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines

From:
Chris Nandor
Date:
Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines
Message ID:
p0432040ab5a372052afb@[192.168.0.77]
At 1:34 +1000 2000.07.26, skud@netizen.com.au wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 02:58:29PM +0100, Tim Bunce wrote:
>>
>>I don't see such polls being regular events, or even used again at all.
>>But at this early stage it enables a potentially very large amount of
>>input (ideas, opinions etc) to be collated and efficiently prioritised.
>
>I agree with Tim on this one.  When we get a list of umpty-seven
>"wishlist" goals/requirements/features/etc we'll want to put them into
>some order fairly quickly.  A short period of discussion followed by an
>advisory opinion poll should help to sort the wheat from the chaff.

I still disagree.  :)  I don't see what prioritization needs to be done
anyway.  People will make their proposals and they will get looked at by
whoever is looking at them.

I honestly don't think we will have a lot of "official"/"formal" proposals
from the start.  We have a lot of people saying "yeah, xyz is cool," but
those need to be translated into whatever it is that will create working
groups.  And I just don't think these will need to be prioritized; those
who want to work on these proposals will work on them.  And then whoever
decides these things will get it and decide on them, and I'd hope that all
of them will be looked at.

Or maybe I am missing something.

--
Chris Nandor       |     pudge@pobox.com      |     http://pudge.net/