Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines

From:
Chris Nandor
Date:
Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines
Message ID:
p04320409b5a3717308b1@[192.168.0.77]
At 10:57 -0400 2000.07.25, Dan Sugalski wrote:
>At 10:44 AM 7/25/00 -0400, Chris Nandor wrote:
>>At 14:42 +0100 2000.07.25, Hugo wrote:
>> >people realising it before it is too late. I think this is one thing
>> >that the voting may have been intended to address - "hey folks, this
>> >may be the _last_ chance to make your views known" - but I think it
>> >is probably not the best way. If the RFC approach is done right, I
>> >think it can solve this problem: for that, I think a) there needs to
>> >be a way to say 'notify me when the RFC text changes', and b) the text
>> >of the RFC needs to be updated (among other occasions) when consensus
>> >starts to emerge but before any final decision is taken.
>>
>>Excellent ideas.  That way people don't have to monitor mailing lists just
>>so they can keep an eye out for when something that they know interests
>>them is going to come along.
>
>In which case it might be useful to have some means of automatic
>notification when an RFPC (or one of its children) changes. A mutant
>mailing list, or website signup thing or something.

Yeah.  The details aren't too important (though it should be done soon).  I
envision each document having a unique ID of some sort, and then having a
notification system that tracks mail addresses for those who want
notification, and tracks when documents are updated.  We could possibly
even use some sort of version control system and just hook a mail system
into it, so when changes are committed, the list is notified.  Maybe Ask
can organize this, and get help to put it together.

--
Chris Nandor       |     pudge@pobox.com      |     http://pudge.net/
Andover.Net        | chris.nandor@andover.net | http://slashcode.com/