Requirements vs Design

From:
skud
Date:
July 24, 2000 20:31
Subject:
Requirements vs Design
Message ID:
20000725133132.C716@netizen.com.au
I'm not a software engineer, nor do I play one on television.  However,
I took enough classes in university and hang around with enough people
who *are* software engineers to know this one thing:

Requirements first, THEN design.

Unless requirements are pinned down, the design process will always be
trying to hit a moving target, and will ultimately fail.

Tim's proposal of a requirements analysis process, which Ed has now
volunteered to manage, is by far a better way to go about things than
everyone talking at once about how they would like to design Perl 6.

K.

--
Kirrily Robert -- <skud@netizen.com.au> -- http://netizen.com.au/
Open Source development, consulting and solutions