Re: comments on traffic so far

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
Re: comments on traffic so far
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.10.10007242219580.25520-100000@tuatha.sidhe.org
On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Chris Nandor wrote:

> I think much of the discussion on this list is utterly useless (from the
> point of view of this list).  Specifics about what Perl 6 will be are
> offtopic for this list, which is about bootstrapping the process of
> developing Perl 6, not about developing Perl 6 or discussing what it will
> be.

This is very much true. Being that's the case, here's an on-topic request.
I'd like the RFPC list (moderated, please) and crawlable web archives set
up. I don't much care how its done to start--we can always change that.
I'll volunteer to be the (*temporary*!) designated sucker^Wlist moderator
to start. A companion discuss list would probably be appropriate, though
premature.

If there's been a RFPC template posted, point me at it and we'll start
with that. Otherwise I'll finish mine and use that as a starting point.
I'll get the guidelines together in a day or so.

Like the IETF, I make *no* guarantee that anything posted as an RFPC will
go *anywhere*. Unlike the IETF I'm not going to do any editing--a basic
scan to make sure it meets the format, has no egregious conceptual
or linguistic errors, and assignment of RFPC number is all we get.

Also, be aware that RFPCs will need a champion who's responsible for it,
and without one (and the various working group heads may well champion a
bunch) it's likely going nowhere.

					Dan