Re: group focus (was Re: How to move forward)

From:
Adam Turoff
Date:
Re: group focus (was Re: How to move forward)
Message ID:
20000724214733.C13584@panix.com
On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 06:00:04PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> Honestly I think things are moving a little too fast here. I think we'd all
> be better off if we slowed things down a bit.

Agreed.

Among the most important issues to be resolved are what will remain
in the language (hashes) and what will fall out (format).  Pluggable
SV's is a neat idea, but if that can't be defined linguistically,
then what's the point?  Ditto the other billion issues mentioned so far.

Larry has volunteered to think long and hard about Perl the language
through the month of August.  I think this is very admirable of him,
since this was supposed to be his time off.

Until then, I think the best we can do is come up with good ideas we'd
like to see in Perl, and bad ideas we'd like to see removed from Perl.

The rush to implement is just plain scary.

Z.