Re: group focus (was Re: How to move forward)

From:
skud
Date:
Re: group focus (was Re: How to move forward)
Message ID:
20000725113521.D30745@netizen.com.au
On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 05:40:46PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:

>so can we focus on the groups already? not features or implementations
>but the top level groups which will own the specs (and later
>implementation) for the major subsections of perl6. my post before and
>jarrko's followup are a first step. i think between those 2 we have a
>good first pass at the groups. do we have rfpc format for that yet?

Don't get the cart before the horse.  There is no overall agreement on
what needs addressing, yet.

It strikes me, just looking at Uri's preliminary list, that there is
some crossover between "syntax" and "cleanup", and between "data
structures" and "objects".  "execution", "microperl", and "bytecode"
also seem to be connected.

Let's bash out this list first, and figure out what people think needs
to be done.  Then we can either discuss, vote, or defer to Larry on
what actually should be done.  Only then should people start putting
their hands up to work on specific things and form working groups.

K.

--
Kirrily Robert -- <skud@netizen.com.au> -- http://netizen.com.au/
Open Source development, consulting and solutions