group focus (was Re: How to move forward)

From:
Uri Guttman
Date:
July 24, 2000 14:40
Subject:
group focus (was Re: How to move forward)
Message ID:
200007242140.RAA10408@home.sysarch.com.

  DS> At 11:22 PM 7/24/00 +0300, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
  >> > the major groups i see (and some notes on each) are:

  DS> [Snippage]

  DS> All of these warrant RPFCs of one form or another. A better
  DS> embedding and native interface are up at the top of my ToDo list,
  DS> and all the rest bear looking into. Once they've been thought
  DS> through enough to get solid then we can figure out which ones can
  DS> be done, and what sort of structure we'd need to support it.

so can we focus on the groups already? not features or implementations
but the top level groups which will own the specs (and later
implementation) for the major subsections of perl6. my post before and
jarrko's followup are a first step. i think between those 2 we have a
good first pass at the groups. do we have rfpc format for that yet?

i request others to just list their groupings (with some notes) and/or send
them to ed horos (i wrote him but got no reply yet). when we get enough
potential group orgs we can vote on them and create the first set of
them. then we create mailing lists, subscribe and get to work on the
specs.

if ed doesn't take on this initial group org job, i will volunteer for
it. i expect this to be done by the end of this week and ask can set up
the lists then. we would also need group leaders/moderators then as
well.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  uri@sysarch.com  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com
SYStems ARCHitecture, Software Engineering, Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting