Re: Perl version of Python Enhancement Proposals [PEP]

From:
Tim Bunce
Date:
Re: Perl version of Python Enhancement Proposals [PEP]
Message ID:
20000724214617.L23550@ig.co.uk
On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 09:17:42PM +0100, Graham Barr wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 07:57:58PM +0100, Tim Bunce wrote:
> > Speaking as another formerly burnt-out pumpkin holder (albeit in a
> > much smaller role), I agree entirely.
>
> And another :)
>
> > The p5p experiment continues and meanwhile I would hope that the number
> > of p6 working groups is kept managable. By which I think I mean <= 6
> > (subject to experience etc etc).
>
> I agree, recently there has been a lot of "we need a group for this and that
> and anything else we can think of". If we are not careful we will have
> problems managing just the lists, not just the development.

And anyone doubting this should reread The Mythical Man Month in relation
to the importance, and costs, of effective comunication as the number of
parties increases.

Tim.