Re: group lists

From:
Uri Guttman
Date:
Re: group lists
Message ID:
200007242049.QAA10230@home.sysarch.com.

  GB> On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 04:37:00PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
  >> and remember the point i made, reply-to in mail from the general read
  >> only list is set to the list that generated the message. so a normal
  >> reply WILL go to the correct list. this is a way to lurk on all the
  >> entire perl6 set of lists and keep the threads in the proper list.

  GB> I don't think the lists should set the reply-to at all. That way
  GB> any reply will go to those on to To/Cc lists of the Email.

<flame on>

now we have the old reply-to set to list or not war. if you are on a
list, i say reply-to should go to the list. it is the more common
operation. but as with all holy wars the infidels disagree. even here, i
am sometimes getting useless multiple copies if i get cc'ed and the list
message as well. i try toremove the extra cc's on my outgoing mail but
setting reply-to fixes that.

<flame off>

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  uri@sysarch.com  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com
SYStems ARCHitecture, Software Engineering, Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting