Re: How to move forward (was: Why we're here)

From:
horos
Date:
Re: How to move forward (was: Why we're here)
Message ID:
200007241954.MAA04217@earth.he.net

> On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 12:04:43PM -0600, Nathan Torkington wrote:
> >
> > First thing first, I think.  I want to know how we tackle this rethink
> > of Perl, where there will inevitably be great changes suggested, in
> > such a way that we don't end up bickering and fighting and not making
> > progress.
>
> I suggest the following process:
>
> 1/ One or more people ("the editors") volunteer to collect suggestions
> from others about what problems they believe the perl language has
> *currently*.  *Without* any proposals for how to fix them. *Without* any
> suggestions for new features. Just list them. Perhaps a title and one
> paragraph max of description on each.

 That sounds like it would be extremely productive. I'll volunteer, albeit I've
been out of the loop for a while and if someone who is currently more involved
wants to take the job, I'll step aside.

Ed