Re: group lists

From:
Jonathan Scott Duff
Date:
Re: group lists
Message ID:
20000724110201.C13663@cbi.tamucc.edu
On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 11:37:53AM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
> i am in favor of multiple
> lists but we can easily solve the problem of those who want to see the
> overall picture. either they subscribe to all the list or we have a
> special read only list which gets a cc from every sub list (mail from
> that global list would have a reply-to set to the originating
> list).

Why make the general list read only?  Anyway, I like the idea of
multiple highly-focused lists that get posted to a general p6p list.
Also, when people try posting to a disbanded list, instead of just
getting an auto-reply, their message could be posted to the general list.
And mild moderation is a must to prevent reliving the sins of p5p.  In
short, I agree entirely with Uri.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff