Re: group lists

From:
Uri Guttman
Date:
Re: group lists
Message ID:
200007241559.LAA09334@home.sysarch.com.

  JSD> On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 11:37:53AM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
  >> i am in favor of multiple
  >> lists but we can easily solve the problem of those who want to see the
  >> overall picture. either they subscribe to all the list or we have a
  >> special read only list which gets a cc from every sub list (mail from
  >> that global list would have a reply-to set to the originating
  >> list).

  JSD> Why make the general list read only?  Anyway, I like the idea of
  JSD> multiple highly-focused lists that get posted to a general p6p
  JSD> list.  Also, when people try posting to a disbanded list, instead
  JSD> of just getting an auto-reply, their message could be posted to
  JSD> the general list.  And mild moderation is a must to prevent
  JSD> reliving the sins of p5p.  In short, I agree entirely with Uri.

because you should send mail to the specific list according to the
topic. and that list is a read only cc of all the other lists. we could
have a misc group list for general topics as well. i just think the read
only cc list is useful for lurkers and others who want the big
picture. by having the reply-to set to the originating list, you can
still be involved in any thread you see.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  uri@sysarch.com  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com
SYStems ARCHitecture, Software Engineering, Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting