comments on traffic so far

From:
Brad Clawsie
Date:
July 23, 2000 13:46
Subject:
comments on traffic so far
Message ID:
20000723134600.B2943@yahoo-inc.com
it seems that most of the traffic on this list so far is almost entirely
premature discussions about syntax, grammar, and implementation.

i did see a posting come through a while ago about impending RFCs and how
they would work. are we to assume that the content of these RFCs will
be issued by the benevolent dictators? i don't really have a problem with
that - it may in fact be preferable...its just not clear to me so far
whether this 'bootstrap' group is intended to be proactive or reactive.

if it is intended to be reactive, is there any idea of what RFCs will be coming
our way and when?

if, on the other hand, this list is supposed to be proactive and actually form
proposals, the content on this list should probably (and quickly, lest
potential developers lose interest) get to some base level requirements/wish
list stage and lay off the implementation issues until something coherent
can be said about what perl 6 is supposed to mean to users.

--
brad clawsie  brad@yahoo-inc.com