Re: Perl version of PHP

From:
Chris Brown
Date:
Re: Perl version of PHP
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.04.10007210935220.32445-100000@endor.hsutx.edu
>Weston wrote:
> And that led me to think, "Why can't perl code execute the same way!".
> Perl code could be nested into html pages like this:

> <?perl
>     print "I am Perl, not Php!!!";
> ?>
>
> and perl-html pages could end in .ptag or something. What'd ya'll think
> 'bout that?

I believe you can already do something like this using Embed::Perl (I
think that's the name). I've never used it because the company I work for
believes in separating the HTML from whatever runs the backend. I guess
it all depends on how you want to design stuff :)

BTW great quotes Weston

Chris the Christianfreak
http:://christianfreak.com