develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from January 2020

Unsatisfied dependencies detected duringOALDERS/HTTP-Date-6.05.tar.gz

From:
Jeffrey Walton
Date:
January 28, 2020 23:35
Subject:
Unsatisfied dependencies detected duringOALDERS/HTTP-Date-6.05.tar.gz
Message ID:
CAH8yC8=CR+67rcoLP9ipD+ybPfpwC-yaaskw8vRAirtJCkLMJg@mail.gmail.com
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to build Perl 5.30.1 from sources. I'm using:

   ./Configure -des -Dextras="HTTP::Daemon HTTP::Request Test::More
Text::Template"

I'm seeing this in an endless loop (ad infinitum) on Fedora 1, Ubuntu
4, CentOS 5 and Fedora 31.

Running make for O/OA/OALDERS/HTTP-Date-6.05.tar.gz
---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during ----
----       OALDERS/HTTP-Date-6.05.tar.gz      ----
    Time::Zone [requires]
Running make for module 'Time::Zone'
  ATOOMIC/TimeDate-2.31.tar.gz
  Has already been unwrapped into directory /root/.cpan/build/TimeDate-2.31-0
  ATOOMIC/TimeDate-2.31.tar.gz
  Has already been prepared
  ATOOMIC/TimeDate-2.31.tar.gz
  Has already been made
  OALDERS/HTTP-Date-6.05.tar.gz
  Has already been unwrapped into directory /root/.cpan/build/HTTP-Date-6.05-0
  OALDERS/HTTP-Date-6.05.tar.gz
  Has already been prepared
Running make for O/OA/OALDERS/HTTP-Date-6.05.tar.gz
---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during ----
----       OALDERS/HTTP-Date-6.05.tar.gz      ----
    Time::Zone [requires]
Running make for module 'Time::Zone'
  ATOOMIC/TimeDate-2.31.tar.gz
  Has already been unwrapped into directory /root/.cpan/build/TimeDate-2.31-0
  ATOOMIC/TimeDate-2.31.tar.gz
  Has already been prepared
  ATOOMIC/TimeDate-2.31.tar.gz
  Has already been made
  OALDERS/HTTP-Date-6.05.tar.gz
  Has already been unwrapped into directory /root/.cpan/build/HTTP-Date-6.05-0
  OALDERS/HTTP-Date-6.05.tar.gz
  Has already been prepared

I believe this break is partially due to building artifacts during
'make install'. The GNU Coding Standards explicitly states _DO NOT DO
IT_. The only time things get built is during 'make'.

Does anyone know how to work around this (or any of the other build
problems I am having)?

Do the Perl devs actually test this stuff?

Jeff