develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from January 2020

Re: Wide character in print at HTML::TreeBuilder::XPath function

From:
John SJ Anderson
Date:
Re: Wide character in print at HTML::TreeBuilder::XPath function
Message ID:
742F84E8-3703-46BE-A39C-F6B3ADB28109@genehack.org
> That, I am very grateful to report, solved that question.  I guess the
> scope of "use utf8;" is more narrow than I had thought.

When you have a bit of time, sitting down and reading through https://github.com/rgs/p5-intelligible-unicode <https://github.com/rgs/p5-intelligible-unicode> is a really good investment in reducing future frustrations when working with Unicode in Perl.

chrs,
john.