develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from May 2019

Re: Is there a definition of what is a string in perl, and what isit?

From:
Andrew Solomon
Date:
May 16, 2019 20:49
Re: Is there a definition of what is a string in perl, and what isit?
Message ID:
CAN=twKsxpd9PSCozbyFQgx26OHfSoUg3qJKW9hbfJaxx80Cwcg@mail.gmail.com
In terms of a definition, do the first four paragraphs here answer your
question?

https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/perl-cookbook-2nd/0596003137/ch01.html

When you say you're trying to use "binary strings", what do you mean by
that?

https://perldoc.perl.org/perlnumber.html

For example, noting that

print 4;

and

print 0b100;

both output 4, would you refer to 0b100 as a binary string?