develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2019

Website Files Preview as Thumbnail

From:
James Kerwin
Date:
April 26, 2019 07:48
Subject:
Website Files Preview as Thumbnail
Message ID:
CAKkNZ9CYW8nGaf76fqX=J3e5Wiav5B35eYfbK=38u98gspdeVg@mail.gmail.com
Hi All,

I promise this question is about Perl. I've googled this a lot and still
can't find where to start.

I run a publications repository/website that uses Perl on its back end. On
each page I have a series of files. At the moment they display a thumbnail
as the file icon (different for file type such as .doc, .jpg, .pdf etc.).

I have seen some similar websites that appear to have the file content as
the icon, admittedly with PDFs usually. For example the thumbnail would be
the title page of the document. Does anybody know what I would search for
for this functionality and is there a helpful Perl module/library that I
can use?

Thanks,
James