develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2019

Re: Help with "install_driver(Oracle) failed" error message

From:
Uri Guttman
Date:
March 12, 2019 16:16
Re: Help with "install_driver(Oracle) failed" error message
Message ID:
b5c4a40c-9812-6dd5-29d2-457eccfb76a4@stemsystems.com
On 3/12/19 11:59 AM, Frank K. wrote:
> Greeting,
>
> In the infinite wisdom our company, without warning completely
> uninstalled Active Perl on all of our Windows servers (I believe it
> was v5.8).. They claimed it was a security risk, but I suspect new
> licensing fees were the main incentive..
>
> Regardless,  I installed Strawberry Perl, 64 bit, and MOST everything
> is running “okay”.  I am getting the following error in one of our
> scripts (this was not a problem when Active State perl was installed):

hi,

i am sorry for your pain (in multiple dimensions! :). i can't help you
but i would say this is somewhat beyond the purview of the beginner's
list. there could be someone who could help but i would suggest finding
other resources. try p5p (the perl developer's list) or a DBI list.
below are links to how to subscribe to those lists.

https://lists.perl.org/list/perl5-porters.html
https://lists.perl.org/list/dbi-users.html

uri