develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2019

Help with "install_driver(Oracle) failed" error message

From:
Frank K.
Date:
March 12, 2019 15:59
Subject:
Help with "install_driver(Oracle) failed" error message
Message ID:
CAJQDdqsYyd5O0Z39s2MyXdq9-4ymmxFyS7O9TZ0SjVqiYLKEaw@mail.gmail.com
Greeting,

In the infinite wisdom our company, without warning completely uninstalled
Active Perl on all of our Windows servers (I believe it was v5.8).. They
claimed it was a security risk, but I suspect new licensing fees were the
main incentive..

Regardless,  I installed Strawberry Perl, 64 bit, and MOST everything is
running “okay”.  I am getting the following error in one of our scripts
(this was not a problem when Active State perl was installed):

D:\ALM tools\Atlassian>echo off

perl atlassianuserlister.pl recordatlassianappusers prod

Getting JIRA User access info...

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'C:/Strawberry/perl/vendor/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.xs.dll' for module
DBD::Oracle: load_file:%1 is not a valid Win32 application at
C:/Strawberry/perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 193.

at (eval 10) line 3.

Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected

at atlassianuserlister.pl line 1565.

We have 64 bit Perl, and ORACLE_HOME is pointing to the 64 bit drivers so I
am at a bit of a loss as to why it’s expecting a 32 bit dll.  I have
verified the dll is in that path.  Any ideas?  I’ve Googled a bit and can
find a bunch of hacks but….Any help would be most appreciated.. flk k