develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from March 2013

Installing from CPAN -- YAML

From:
Klaus Jantzen
Date:
March 21, 2013 13:28
Subject:
Installing from CPAN -- YAML
Message ID:
5149D6C8.8020401@t-online.de
Hi,

when installing a module from CPAN I always get the hint that YAML is
not installed.

To solve the problem I tried to find YAML on CPAN and found dozens of
pages with YAML.
Scanning the entries I detected CPAN::Meta::YAML. Its documentation
seems to indicate that that is what I need.
I installed it but still get the message
  'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state.

So what should I install to satisfy  the 'installer '?

Thanks for any hints.
--
K.D.J.