develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2010

Redirecting the Output and Error of Perl script

From:
Parag Kalra
Date:
April 30, 2010 10:45
Subject:
Redirecting the Output and Error of Perl script
Message ID:
g2t736082cf1004301045l187a1daezd39f12df8fa99c45@mail.gmail.com
Hey All,

I am trying to execute a Perl via shell script. I want to redirect output of
Perl script to one file and error occured (if any) to other file.

This is the snippet from my shell script:

perl output_error.pl 1>> Report.log 2>>Error.log

However even normal print messages are going to Error.log. Any clue?

Cheers,
Parag