develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2010

Creating groups of bat files from perl script

From:
Paul
Date:
April 29, 2010 11:20
Subject:
Creating groups of bat files from perl script
Message ID:
50833.64.49.153.1.1272565192.squirrel@outsideventure.com
Hey all.  I'm trying to make a perl script create some bat scripts to run
some specific command and run a few at a time.  If that makes any sense.
Anyhow, say there are 20 files in a dir.  Now these files change at times,
so to make it easier I'm making a perl script to make the bat scripts to
run these specific commands on each file, reason is, so I can run a few at
a time to save time.  Now there are man more than this, but I'm making it
simple just so I can expand on this later.  Here is my convoluted script
right now, I'm just using jpg's just as an example, but here it is:

The first result of 10 commands on 10 files works fine, but the second one
is empty.  Any pointers in the right direction?  Thanks.:
-------------
use File::Find;

my @all_file_names;

my $x = 0;

my $file1 = 'C:/Users/MeHere/test1/thefile1.txt';

find sub {
	return if -d;
	push @all_file_names, $File::Find::name;
	}, 'C:/Users/MeHere/Downloads/Pics/Temp';

open FILE, ">$file1" or die $!;

for my $path ( @all_file_names ) {

	while ($x < 10) {
	$x = $x+1;
	print FILE "echo PART 1a\n" if $x == 1;
	print FILE "pause\n" if $x == 1;
	#$path = (s/\//\\/g); (also trying to replace / with \ for windows)
	print FILE "do this command $path -d -S 10\n" if $path =~ /\.JPG/;
	print FILE "Done with PART 1a\n" if $x == 10;
	print FILE "pause\n" if $x == 10;
	print "$x\n";
	}

close FILE;
my $file2 = 'C:/Users/MeHere/test1/thefile2.txt';
open FILE, ">$file2" or die $!;

	while ($x < 20) {
	$x = $x+1;
	print FILE "echo PART 1b\n" if $x == 11;
	print FILE "pause\n" if $x == 11;
	print FILE "do this command $path -d -S 10\n" if $path =~ /\.JPG/;
	print FILE "Done with PART 1b\n" if $x == 20;
	print FILE "pause\n" if $x == 20;
	print "$x\n";

close FILE;