develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2010

clear HTML POST data.

From:
Ming Qian
Date:
April 23, 2010 14:57
Subject:
clear HTML POST data.
Message ID:
v2td181f9821004231457u3ab85308j2910b8d6f26e4885@mail.gmail.com
Dear Perl Pros:

I have a simple perl cgi web page. It contains a simple form.
Submitting it(with some POST Data) will redirect itself, insert the
data into a database but with a "thank you" message in place of the
html form.
This is all working fine. However,
when refresh the browser, I get the following message displayed:

"The page you are trying to view contains POSTDATA. If you resend the
data, any action the form carried out (such as as search or online
purchse) will be repeated. To resend the data, click OK. Otherwise,
click Cancel."

Obviously I don't want to resend the data.

What do I need to do code-wise so that when the browser is refreshed,
the page is reloaded without this message being displayed(It is best
to let the page go back to the initial status).

Thanks a lot in advance.