develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2010

UNIX permission bit calculator ... ???

From:
newbie01 perl
Date:
April 21, 2010 21:33
Subject:
UNIX permission bit calculator ... ???
Message ID:
u2zb74aaa0f1004212133y55d97388gb5bc2881a80d958d@mail.gmail.com
Hi,

Does anyone have a UNIX permission bit calculator script that I can use?
Basically, am looking for one where I don't have to a ls -l to check the
permission on a file or directory. Am looking for a script that will display
the permission bits and then just display what those permission bit settings
are and its correspong number equivalent.

I've found some on the web via Google but none of them is a script
Any suggested link will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.