develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2010

Re: How to manage large Conditional Statement

From:
Octavian Rasnita
Date:
Re: How to manage large Conditional Statement
Message ID:
A0D8D6DE9B4942B7B0B2847819EA62DD@teddy
From: "Uri Guttman" <uri@StemSystems.com>
>  MC> Uri: I think the quoting is much a religious issue as everyone has their
>  MC> preferred way, but I now know what you meant. :-)
>
> it isn't religious. it is just no one is taught the right way
> anymore. it used to be always done this way (in the good very old
> day). with the onslaught of redmond and aol the unwashed masses didn't
> learn and they swamped the net with top posting. some corps now require
> it as they are used to it. some people i know can't do anything but that
> (brain lock). smart people will learn the right way if taught and they
> usually see its wisdom.
>
> uri

*
The smart people also realize that in the old days the computers weren't accessible for the blind, but now they are, and the blind people need to re-read the original messages for many times in order to reach to the current message if bottom-posting is used.

So there is no "good way" for everyone, and it doesn't depend only on preferences, but on personal posibilities which might be limited by health problems.

Octavian