develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2010

can't locate loadable object for module PadWalker in @INC

From:
CHAN, KENNETH 1 [AG/7721]
Date:
April 20, 2010 09:39
Subject:
can't locate loadable object for module PadWalker in @INC
Message ID:
B841D737E5D5594B88982211F59683D4032FFD8D@AP6000EXM01.ap.ds.monsanto.com
Hi all,

  I encounter a weird problem. I install eclipse with EPIC perspective
to Linux. Since I would like to use it's debugger but I don't have root
permission. I download PadWalker.pm
(http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/R/RO/ROBIN/PadWalker-1.9.tar.gz
) and 'tar -xvf' it to /bifx/perlModules. Added 'export
PERL5LIB=/bifx/perlModules' to my .profile file that will add the
/bifx/perlModules to @INC. I verified the path is actually in @INC by
running this in linux shell:

perl -e "print join(\"\n\", @INC)";

But eclipse complains that it cannot locate PadWalker when in debugging
mode.

  Then I tried to write a simple perl script with:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use PadWalker;

print "Done";

  But perl doesn't compile correctly and return with this error:

**************

Can't locate loadable object for module PadWalker in @INC (@INC
contains: /bifx/perlModules
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at
fileOpen.pl line 8

Compilation failed in require at fileOpen.pl line 8.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at fileOpen.pl line 8.

Do you have any idea what is wrong? Any idea is appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

Regards,

Kenneth

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.