develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2010

Is there any method to tell different between warning and errors?

From:
Weizhong Dai
Date:
April 19, 2010 22:28
Subject:
Is there any method to tell different between warning and errors?
Message ID:
v2ue452c0ce1004192228yb41706fdq826dbd9aeff4583@mail.gmail.com
Hi all,
In my script, I have a system call, and redirect the stderr to a file.
        #
        # open STDERR, ">$workpath\\error_log.txt";
        # system "...";
        #
but I only want the ERROR messages to be logged in the file. Is there
any method to filter the WARNING messages generated by the system
call.
Thanks.