develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from April 2010

ExtUtils::MakeMaker, execute Perl code during "make test"

From:
Steve Bertrand
Date:
ExtUtils::MakeMaker, execute Perl code during "make test"
Message ID:
4BC7983F.2030709@ibctech.ca
Hi all,

In one of my projects, I've written a test file t/22-upgrade.t.

I have a test within this file that looks for an existing installation,
checks the versions, and compares the configuration files

An upgrade does not overwrite the existing config, instead printing out
a warning with a list of directives that have either been added or
deleted so the installer can perform manual intervention.

However, when I run "make test", the Perl code for print does not execute.

I seem to be searching for the wrong problem in the usual places, so I'd
like to ask for advice on the best way to allow print statements to be
sent to STDOUT for only select tests within a specific test file. Can I
override the 'test' target in the Makefile.PL, or is there something
that I can do within the test file itself?

Cheers,

Steve