develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from November 2009

Re: [Fwd: Re: Problem with function getquotaroot in IMAP::Client]

From:
Peter Scott
Date:
November 1, 2009 05:51
Re: [Fwd: Re: Problem with function getquotaroot in IMAP::Client]
Message ID:
20091101135150.22924.qmail@lists.develooper.com
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 00:07:48 +0530, Shameem Ahamed wrote:

> Quota is supported on the system, as i am able to retrieve the quota
> information using same commands through telnet.
>
> Also, i am able to get the information through the imap->send and
> imap->receive functions.

Then you may have found a bug in the module.

If you send the author a bug report consisting of the shortest possible
program that produces that error, plus a telnet session showing that the
quota command is supported (change the password in the transcript), the
module may get fixed.

There again, the module hasn't been changed in 3 years and has 7 bugs
outstanding over a year.  Consider whether you can switch to the newer
module Net::IMAP::Client.  (This is the one that I use.)  It doesn't have
explicit quota support, but you seem to be able to construct the necessary
functionality out of lower level commands.

--
Peter Scott
http://www.perlmedic.com/