POE with IO::Socket

From:
Someone Something
Date:
October 31, 2009 20:24
POE with IO::Socket
Message ID:
e196a4050910312024w5642b9farcd2acce84d3dc9cd@mail.gmail.com
Firstly, I have posted this in perlmonks. No one has replied to me so, I
have posted here.
I'm writing a module for IRC just for learning about sockets and perl in
general. I have 200 lines of working code. Now, I am getting to a point
where I am writing a who() function and I realise that I need receive while
sending. I asked on #perl on freenode and they directed me to POE. Can I
implement POE without changing all my code which is based on
IO::Socket::INET? If so, how can I do it? If not, what else can I do?