How to set a proxy server.

From:
Rob Coops
Date:
October 19, 2009 07:41
Subject:
How to set a proxy server.
Message ID:
867476850910190740w1a5529afnf1c3a603a9bffb70@mail.gmail.com
Dear list,
I have the following bit of code:

use strict;
use warnings;
use XML::Compile::WSDL11;
use XML::Compile::SOAP11;
use XML::Compile::Transport::SOAPHTTP;

my $wsdl = XML::Compile::WSDL11->new('checkPort.wsdl');

my $checkVat = $wsdl->compileClient('checkVat');

my %request = ( countryCode => 'FR', Number => '38488985771' );

my $answer = $checkVat->(%request);

This works perfectly fine until I am in an environment where I am forced to
use a proxy server. as I end up getting the same (no rout to host) reply I
get when just trying to access a external server without going via the
proxy. I can create an LWP agent and make it use the proxy without any
problems but I have yet to figure out how to make XML::Compile::WSDL11 use
this LWP agent. Could someone please help me out and explain how that is
done?

Thanks,

Rob