Filesize limit for Perl on UNIX

From:
Taylor, Andrew
Date:
October 19, 2009 05:51
Subject:
Filesize limit for Perl on UNIX
Message ID:
C6565E29EE23034A95E5F00C67EDE98E0594DF5D@MISSHPEXVS02.hmrcmis.net
Hello

We have a perl script that (essentially) concatenates a number of files
into one.

The process is more or less the following

Open output file
Foreach input file
  Open each input file
  write to output file
  close input file

Close output file.

The output file has cut off after hitting 2Gb.  The most likely
candidate for this is the filesystem (we're investigating this as I type
this), but it occurred to us it might also be a perl thing.

Is there a 2GB filesize limit for perl? - we're running on verion 5.6.

Cheers
Andy

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which includes Capgemini UK plc, a company registered in England and Wales (number 943935) whose registered office is at No. 1 Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB.