Perl Questions

From:
Slick
Date:
October 4, 2009 15:03
Subject:
Perl Questions
Message ID:
580697.92293.qm@web55501.mail.re4.yahoo.com
I have a couple of questions.

What is a good starter perl book to learn perl.

Secondly, I am kinda having trouble assimilating all the perl information.  I want to know ways that you all remember the format of a script as well as the main items that are normally use.  I know about the Scalars (word for a word with $ used.  $a=2), Array (several items @b= (1, 2, 3).  I am just having problems figuring out when and where they would be used and to a point reading a script.

Hope you don't mind my questions.  Just trying to compliment my A+ skills, trying to be a IT tech and that would help for system administration (how I don't know yet, cause I am still learning)

 Jason H. Owens