Compressed data embedded in script

From:
Bryan Harris
Date:
October 4, 2009 05:19
Subject:
Compressed data embedded in script
Message ID:
C6ECC10E.1E885%lists@harrisfam.net

I have about 60 MB of text data I want to include at the bottom of a script.

60 MB is too big for us, but compressed it would be probably only 3-6 MB
which is much better.  Is there any way to put gzipped data in the DATA
section of a script, and conveniently read it?

I'd also prefer that my script be able to survive getting passed through a
terminal -- is it hard to encode the data block (MIME perhaps?) so it will?

TIA!

- Bryan