Re: beginner projects

From:
Robert H
Date:
October 1, 2009 14:36
Re: beginner projects
Message ID:
20091001213641.28330.qmail@lists.develooper.com
On 9/8/09 1:01 AM, Uri Guttman wrote:
<snip>
> as it has been said the best way to learn more perl is to read more
> perl. working on existing modules is a great way to do that. i will
> offer massive amounts of help but i expect a certain level of energy in
> return. it won't be easy for either of us but i am always open to find
> the right minions! :)
>
> thanx,
>
> uri

I volunteer. I know a little Perl. Enough to create simple scripts for
the sysadmin work I do. I have also created sites using CGI
(HTML::Template, TT2, CGI::App) that seem to work like I want. I keep to
the PBP book suggestions mostly though not religiously. I have zero
testing experience.

What I bring:

- 1-2 hours a night (more on the weekends if needed)
- a willingness to learn
- a willingness to be corrected
- I can chat via: IM, irc, email ( or phone sometimes )
- I am on the east coast of the US. I learned timezones are import
because Shlomi was going to mentor me but Israel->US timezones is too
big a hurdle at least for me.

My goal is to be able to move into the OS Perl community and give back.

Everything I learn as a "minion" directly helps me be a better
"programmer" at work as well.

So if anyone is interested in being a mentor post back to this or send
me an email at my gmail account.

Bob