develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from September 2009

Re: AW: Hash of Hashes

From:
Soham Das
Date:
September 29, 2009 03:36
Re: AW: Hash of Hashes
Message ID:
704550.65646.qm@web95309.mail.in2.yahoo.com
Yes,its much more powerful, the way you said, but in my case it won't be necessary or important.

Here I guess, I gave a wrong example where the data can be changed.

Lets assume, the hash of hash being a record of something which has already happened and hence we know the final value, not something which is right now happening, i.e changeable.

In my case, its like

$Position{$Scrip}{$Date}= #some value

That is, my position in a previous date $Date, in the stock $scrip, was some integer. Thanks for the correction, regarding the brackets. I stand corrected and it seems I have made a lot of such mistakes apparent in the previous two three mails.

Soham