develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from September 2009

Arrays, Dates, Indexing and Initialisation

From:
Soham Das
Date:
September 28, 2009 08:56
Subject:
Arrays, Dates, Indexing and Initialisation
Message ID:
83795.83852.qm@web95302.mail.in2.yahoo.com
Hello All,

I wanted some guidance with these questions of mine:

a.. How do I initialise an array of a definite size with zero. Say the C equivalent of such a statement will be:

                   int a[125];
                   for(i=0;i<125;i++)
                   a[i]=0;

b. Is it possible, to have dates as index? I am trying to parse and process data corresponding to a list of "trades" I have made(financial trades) and want to see, how my portfolio varies with time. So is it possible to do in such a way?

Hoping for some insights,

Soham

P.S: Would like to come in touch, with any Perl coder who engages in mechanical trading as well. Always good to find folks with whom you can bounce off ideas.

Soham

      Yahoo! India has a new look. Take a sneak peek http://in.yahoo.com/trynew