develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from August 2009

Re: source code for builtin functions

From:
Uri Guttman
Date:
August 27, 2009 13:26
Re: source code for builtin functions
Message ID:
8763c96m20.fsf@quad.sysarch.com

  hx> My linux system has a pre-installed perl. Is there a good way to
  hx> check the source code for builtin functions, like reverse etc. I
  hx> want to check the source code for better learning/understanding.

all builtin functions are in c and not perl so you will not learn any
perl from examining them. and you can always get the perl source from
perl.org or from your linux distro (look for a source or developer
package vs the regular one).

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri@stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --