develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from August 2009

Re: Perl "expert"

From:
Steve Bertrand
Date:
August 20, 2009 18:59
Re: Perl "expert"
Message ID:
4A8DFF8C.1070800@ibctech.ca
Raymond Wan wrote:

> Ian wrote:
>> Another disclosure: English is not my first language so pardon any
>> grammar
>> and spelling mistakes. I try :-).
>

> Ian, this is of course my personal opinion, but I don't think that one
> needs to apologize for not having English as a first/native language if
> the other person doesn't apologize for not learning your's.
>
> The language of this board is (again, I presume) English, and it draws
> in a wide range of people -- from people who only know English to others
> who slaved through an hour with a dictionary to get a paragraph out.
> But the topic is Perl.  If you were on a message board about "grammar
> and spelling of English"...well, apologies might be necessary.  :-)

Moderation:

Not to take away from anyone, but can we please let this thread die, and
move on to Perl?

Someone ask a question... oh, wait.. can someone start a new thread with
the following code, with a suggestion on how to pretty it up and make it
better?:

	$self->pb_template(
		${\($self->TEMPLATE_DIR())}/purchase_complete.html.tpl",
                die_on_bad_params   => $self->DIE_ON_BAD_PARAMS(),
            );

...or perhaps how I can feed a template names without having to do this:

    $plan_iter = 1;

    for my $plan ( @plans ) {

        $self->pb_param( "plan${plan_iter}" => "plan${plan_iter}" ) ;
        $self->pb_param( "plan${plan_iter}name"     => $plan->{plan} );
        $self->pb_param( "plan${plan_iter}id"       => $plan->{id} );
        $self->pb_param( "plan${plan_iter}rate"     => $plan->{rate} );
       	$self->pb_param( "plan${plan_iter}expires"  => $plan->{expires} );

Steve