develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from August 2009

Re: ||= operator

From:
Shawn H. Corey
Date:
August 7, 2009 16:45
Re: ||= operator
Message ID:
4A7CBC8D.6020505@gmail.com
Admin wrote:
> Shawn H. Corey wrote:
>> Admin wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> is there a page that explains the ||= operator and similar operators?
>>> google is not quite finding the special characters in the first 10 hits.
>>>

>> See http://perldoc.perl.org/perlop.html#Assignment-Operators
>>

> thanks Shawn But I searched the page and there is nothing discussing ||=

You're right.  The operator only appears once and is not explained.  The
best it does is infer how it might work.  And as for the C reference...
It's about time the perldocs are redone; made more complete and without
any references to other languages.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
   Shawn

as it is about coding.

I like Perl; it's the only language where you can bless your
thingy.