develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from February 2009

"Word too long" specific to System/memory concern ?

From:
Anisha Parveen
Date:
February 25, 2009 22:27
Subject:
"Word too long" specific to System/memory concern ?
Message ID:
e4bb385c0902252216m6cf632ffidee9b8db5b252e30@mail.gmail.com
Hi,

 I have a perl script file with a statement as this  $path =
"LD_LIBRARY_HOME=$HOME/bin";

 If i just change this to $path = "LD_LIBRARY_HOME=$HOME/bin*:/lib:/usr/lib*
";
 I start getting "Word too long" error.

 On deep analysis and lots of testing , i find that this happens only on a
specific solaris10 machine.
 I doubt it has somethign to do with system configuration or memory
allocations.

 Can someone share any pointers that would help me resolve the "Word too
long" issue ? Is there anyway i can do some settings that would help me
solve this.

Thanks in advance