develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from February 2009

Sending email w/Mail::Builder::Simple -- need help

From:
Dennis G. Wicks
Date:
February 24, 2009 09:41
Subject:
Sending email w/Mail::Builder::Simple -- need help
Message ID:
49A430ED.1000200@gmail.com
Greetings;

Here's the code:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use Mail::Builder::Simple;
my $mail = Mail::Builder::Simple->new;

# Send the email with an SMTP server:
   $mail->send(
      mail_client => {
          mailer => 'SMTP',
          mailer_args => [
              Host => 'smtpout.secureserver.net',
              username => 'tfrg@mgssub.com',
              password => 'mypasswd',
              ],
          },
     from => 'tfrg@mgssub.com',
       to => 'dgwicks@gmail.com',
     subject => 'The subject with UTF-8 chars',
     plaintext => "Hello,\n\nHow are you?\n",
     );
It doesn't look like I am sending any mail. I get no error
messages when I run this from my personal (not root) login.

I use Thunderbird as my mail program and it can send mail
both ways between those two addresses.

Lacking any problems with the code, does anybody have any
ideas about what may be stopping this from working?

Many TIA!
Dennis