develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from February 2009

Looking for mailer program

From:
Dennis G. Wicks
Date:
February 22, 2009 10:58
Subject:
Looking for mailer program
Message ID:
49A1A060.7060008@gmail.com
Greetings;

I have a couple of directories full of tips, photos, quotes,
etc. that I want to send to a yahoo group that I have.

What I want to do is compose the email, pick an item or two
from the directory, put it in the email & move it/them to a
"used" directory and send the email. I'll fire this off with
a crontab.

I considered using some sort of mail list like mailman but
I'd have to load it up, which would be pretty much what I am
doing now anyway with my MUA, and I would have to fiddle
around so that it mails from my "real" email address so the
yahoo group will accept it.

I'm sure there must be something out there in monks or cpan
but I haven't had much luck finding anything yet. Any
pointers or suggestions?

Many TIA!
Dennis