develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from February 2009

Help regarding file find

From:
Rock Lifestyle
Date:
February 21, 2009 10:31
Subject:
Help regarding file find
Message ID:
584353.66199.qm@web95113.mail.in2.yahoo.com
Hi All,

         I am new to any programming language .I am trying to copy one file structure.

 I have a folder structures which contains setup files, cleanup files and test file

like
/testplan
/testplan/setup
/testplan/cleanup
/testplan/2.1/setup
/testplan/2.1/cleanup
/testplan/2.1/2.1.1/setup
/testplan/2.1/2.1.1/cleanup
/testplan/2.1/2.1.1/2.1.1.1
/testplan/2.1/2.1.1/2.1.1.1/test
/testplan/2.1/2.1.1/2.1.1.2
/testplan/2.1/2.1.1/2.1.1.2/test
/testplan/2.1/2.1.2/2.1.2.2/setup
/testplan/2.1/2.1.2/2.1.2.2/test
/testplan/2.1/2.1.2/2.1.2.2/cleanup
/testplan/2.1/2.1.2/2.1.2.3/test
/testplan/2.2/2.2.1/2.2.1.2
/testplan/2.2/2.2.1/2.2.1.2/test

 I have a file where I have mentioned the test name like
/testplan/2.1/2.1.1/2.1.1.1
testplan/2.2/2.2.1/2.2.1.2

Now I want to create another file structure where it will copy the directory tree which I have mentioned in the file
Suppose in my file name I have mentioned

/testplan/2.1/2.1.1/2.1.1.1
/testplan/2.2/2.2.1/2.2.1.2/

Then the script will create a folder
folder/setup
folder/cleanup
/folder/2.1/setup
/folder/2.1/cleanup
/folder/2.1/2.1.1/setup
/folder/2.1/2.1.1/cleanup
/folder/2.1/2.1.1/2.1.1.1
/folder/2.1/2.1.1/2.1.1.1/test
/folder/2.2/2.2.1/2.2.1.2/test

Please Note: setup, cleanup and test are files that i want to copy and create another similar file structure .In the above example

 Regards
Sree