develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from February 2009

Re: Test::HTTPStatus

From:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Date:
Re: Test::HTTPStatus
Message ID:
20090220090845.30222.qmail@lists.develooper.com
Ganesh Babu N wrote:
> I am testing the weblinks for connectivity using Test::HTTPStatus
> module. I could able to test 187 and in those 165 links are success
> and 22 links are failed. When I test manually by entering the weblink
> in the browser out of 22, 5 weblinks are working fine.
>
> I am not sure why this module is showing those 5 links as failure. Can
> somebody help in get it resolved.

Test::HTTPStatus is use()ing HTTP::SimpleLinkChecker. Please read

http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?HTTP::SimpleLinkChecker#DESCRIPTION

for some suggestions on why the module may report false failures.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson