develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from February 2009

different perl interpreter locations

From:
Kevin
Date:
February 14, 2009 15:16
Subject:
different perl interpreter locations
Message ID:
gn7jca$pq2$2@ger.gmane.org
Hi All,

I have a script that may be executed on multiple hosts.  A troubling
issue is that the perl interpreter on each host is installed at different
location such as /opt/perl/5.8.0/bin/perl, /opt/perl/5.8.5/bin/perl, or /
bin/perl.  My question is: how can I make my script working on all of
these hosts?

I solve this problem by configuring my PATH properly based on hostname.
But most of my teammates do not do so, and then complain my script is too
hard to use. Thank you.

--
Kevin