develooper Front page | perl.beginners | Postings from February 2009

Re: perl sort

From:
Raymond Wan
Date:
Re: perl sort
Message ID:
498E5B9B.1020507@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp

Hi all,

Chas. Owens wrote:
> Well, I would suggest taking this to the Perl Porters list*, this is a
> list for people who are starting to learn Perl.  You could also write
> a module implementing you algorithm either in pure Perl or in XS**
> (the interface between ISO C and Perl) and upload it to CPAN***.

I should have looked earlier, but just realized that yes, a module has been implemented which does something "similar" -- a radix sort:

http://search.cpan.org/~ewijaya/Sort-Radix-0.04/lib/Sort/Radix.pm

Submitting a module might be the way to go if the proposed implementation of counting sort is different enough...

Ray